Thursday, February 3, 2011

Boots




You love your rain boots. There is no doubt about that. You point them out to strangers and say the word "boots", with the "oo" given extra emphasis. You ask for them when you wake up and I think you'd wear them to bed if we let you. As it is, Vika has voiced her objections. I told her we were looking for a replacement pair of boots and we were. I bought two new pairs, one a pair of cowboy boots and the other a ridiculously expensive pair of Ugg boots. You were mildly interested in them at first, but when you couldn't put them on yourself, you wanted the old boots. So, old boots it is. When we went to the zoo and you were able to splash in the puddles, I believe you were the envy of several other normal-shoe-wearing children whose dad told them that, no, they could not do that. But, we could. Oh yes, we could. Those wonderful blue rain boots with their little soccer balls. They make your feet a little stinky by the end of the day, but they make you happy so I think that more than evens out.

No comments:

Post a Comment