Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Sick Days
Nathan, I left you this morning at Babushka and Grandpa’s after spending the day home with you yesterday while you were sick. You still had a fever this morning, but it was lower, 101.2 compared with 103, but still I wished I could stay home with you another day. You gave me the biggest, longest hug, with your head on my shoulder and I wanted to stay. And nothing I’ve done today has even come close to the feeling of being able to take care of you when you’re sick. Even when you want to be read to, but can’t find a book you want to read, keeping pointing at the bookshelf for the next one, it is a nice feeling. I don’t want you to be sick, but if you have to be, I wish I could be the one to stay with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment