Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Marriage and First Teeth

Jonas, I know that you will cringe if you were to read this when you’re older, but your papa told me that you to told him during bedtime that you wanted to marry me. And I thought that was the sweetest thing. You don’t say I love you, though you used to say “you’re my best friend,” to us. So, I suppose “I want to marry you,” is a variation of you’re my best friend, or possibly even I love you. I think that Ocean Shore is going well for you, though it’s hard to tell with you sometimes as you rarely get outwardly upset. You did tell me that you love the Pacifica day care you go to before and after school, where you get to build legos. It makes me feel good when I hear boys say “hi Jonas,” when you arrive.
Nathan, you are getting your first tooth and you are on the move always. I try and read you a bedtime story (Goodnight Moon) because everyone says you need a bedtime routine and I don’t think lunging at toys is the settling routine they have in mind. But I think we might be making progress. I still sit by your crib and put my hand through for you while you’re settling into sleep. But now you cry less and don’t need to hold my hand tightly to your chest. Now you move around the crib and come back sometimes to put your head on my hand. Sometimes you do it from a sitting position so that you’re bent over almost like you’re praying because I think you don’t quite know how to get back to the laying position. So I try to help you gently to tip you over. You still wake up three times in the night to feed, but that’s okay. Usually at between 11:30 and midnight, 2 and 4:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment