Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Lion Does Not Sleep Tonight




We went to the zoo yesterday. Which is nothing really new. We go there so often that I know when the regular conductor for the little train that you don't want to watch but could spend an entire day watching, is not on duty.

We went to the children's zoo and you pushed the little red wheelbarrow (so much depends upon it!) back and forth. You did it correctly, lifting and pushing after I showed you how. Not like another girl who you pointed out, that was diligently trying to push it through the dirt without lifting it. We also watched the meercats sunning themselves and biting at each other. I tried to tell you they were playing but you said they were fighting, which with their teeth bared they certainly looked like they might be doing.

And then we went to see the lions and there was one, big and beautiful, sitting in his cage, looking out, but not at anything really. You looked at him and said, "he's sad. The lion is sad." And I think you might have been right.

No comments:

Post a Comment