


Today was your first race - the Coast Side 100 yard dash. I told you we were going to do a beach race and you seemed excited by that - which was a surprise - I was expecting you to say you didn't want to go. When we got there we found your number and pinned it on. The race was a 100 yard dash down the beach and back. Your papa made sure you were lined up close to the flags that marked the race so that you wouldn't have as long a distance to go at the turn around. Watching you run made me a little teary eyed, I'm not sure why. Your papa told you not to look around as sometimes you do when you're running and you didn't. You didn't come across the finish line first and were initially quite upset that you hadn't won. But eventually you came around to (I think) feeling better and proud of what you did accomplish. I know I was proud of you. We watched the "baby crawl" race and you found it funny, which it was, really.
No comments:
Post a Comment