Sunday, January 26, 2014

Where We Were Born

We took Bart to Jonas’ ice skating lesson, which was an adventure since Bart has no bathrooms. We would up having to stop at Old Navy on the way there. Having an infant and 5 year old in tow doesn’t leave you a lot of options bathroom-wise. Especially considering that there aren’t that many options to start with. Some lady tried to get on the elevator before the doors closed and I didn’t hold them open. I explained to Jonas that it not holding open the door was not polite, but that peeing in public was even less polite.

Nathan laughed for the first time. Jonas saw it first. When we were passing a big building he said, “that’s where we were born.” And I thought, it’s not just where he was born, or where Nathan was born, it is where “we” were born as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment